Perhaps one of the coolest features of the DirecTV Remote+ Pro from Cognitial Mobile is this awesome add-on! It allows you to create shortcuts to remote buttons, favorite channels, macros and even the Mini-Guide right on your home screen. Imagine laying out only the buttons you want, wherever you want, and sending commands to your receiver without even opening the main remote app!
Requirements / Prerequisites:
Working installation of DirecTV Remote+ Pro¹ from Cognitial Mobile
- All actual DirecTV Remote buttons that are supported in the app (except Slow Motion).
- All of your favorite channels and macros (including the built-in CC On/Off macros).
- Mini-Guide (launches the mini-guide without opening the full app).
- “Reboot” command (found under Remote Buttons). Reboot any receiver with one press of a shortcut.
- There are two ways to create a shortcut to a button on your home screen.
a. More control of where each shortcut button will go but the process is a bit slow if creating several shortcuts: Long-press on your home screen and choose the option to add a Widget.
b. Quicker method but Android will decide where the shortcut buttons will go (you can move them around later): Launch the Shortcut Add-On app and follow the steps below to create a shortcut.
- Choose what type of DirecTV remote shortcut to create (Remote Button, Favorite Channel, Macro or Mini-Guide).
- Choose your options then press Create.
- You can now send that button, channel or macro to the receiver right from your home screen. No need to even open the DirecTV Remote+ Pro app!
This add-on app can also be used in conjunction with other apps such as Tasker (using the Tasker AutoShortcut plugin) to automate repetitive tasks! See this FAQ for more information on using Tasker with the DirecTV Remote+ Shortcut add-on.
Whether you’re using this Shortcut add-on or not, it is strongly recommended to configure your DirecTV receivers with a Static IP address or DHCP Reservation. The main DirecTV Remote+ app (as well as this add-on and the Volume plugin) keep track of the receivers based on their IP address. If a receiver’s IP address changes, it will cause these apps to lose the ability to communicate with them. See this FAQ for more information on how to set your receivers to do this. If the receivers are not using static or reserved addresses then the shortcuts with specified receivers will need to be recreated if the IP address changes.
¹ This add-on app will still allow you to create shortcuts even if only the free version is installed but please note that they only function if the PRO version is installed.