As of version 2.2.2, the DirecTV Remote (free and pro) apps use the following permissions:
- android.permission.INTERNET - This allows the app to communicate with your receivers.
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - This allows the app to save its settings to your SD card which in turn makes it easier to back them up and transfer them as well as allowing the add-on to read the main app's settings.
- android.permission.VIBRATE - This allows the app to adjust haptic feedback levels.
- android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - This allows the app to determine whether or not the device is connected via WiFi.
- android.permission.WAKE_LOCK - This allows the app to optionally keep the device awake when you are using main screens (Remote, Search Assistant and Scan). This pro-only option is disabled by default.
The add-on uses android.permission.INTERNET and android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE for the same reasons the main remote app uses them.