If for some reason you find yourself wanting to reset the configuration (completely wipe out everything and start over), you can do so providing your phone or tablet contains an SD card. Fortunately, most do!
Note: If you just want to remove your current receivers from the app and start over with a fresh network scan, follow these steps instead since following the steps listed here will reset EVERYTHING.
** WARNING **
The steps listed below will completely wipe out all app settings and restore it to how it was when you first installed it. You will lose all receivers, favorite channels, macros and custom options that you have set! If you are worried about this, you may want to make a backup of the file mentioned below before wiping it clean.
The instructions below are a general guideline. Depending on your Android device's OS version and computer OS version (Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Mac OS), the exact wording may vary.
- Run the free version of the app (if installed) and press Menu > More > Exit App. Then run the PRO version (if installed) and do the same. This will ensure that the apps will not over-write the changes you will make in the steps below. As an alternative to doing this you can also just reboot your device. Once it is finished rebooting, proceed to the next step.
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable. If presented with a menu on how to connect, choose "Disk Drive - Mount as Disk Drive" or something similar.
- If you have auto-run on your computer, you will be asked what you would like to do with the connected drive. Choose Explore, Browse files, or whatever option sounds similar to this. If you don't have auto-run on your computer, you may need to browse manually to the Android device's SD card. To do this in Windows, right-click on the Start button, choose Explore, then browse to the drive letter assigned to your device. It may be listed as "Removable Device" or similar.
- Look for a folder called DirecTV_Remote and open it. Then look for a file called DirecTVRemote.ini. Depending on how your computer is setup it may also appear simply as DirecTVRemote. Double-click on the file to open it with a text editor. You will want to open it with a basic text editor such as Windows Notepad. If Windows doesn't know what to do with it, click Start > Run and type notepad into the box. When the notepad program opens, drag and drop the DirecTVRemote.ini file into the empty notepad window to open it.
- One inside the file, press CTRL A to select all text in the file then press the Delete key. You want to be sure that there is no text or empty lines in the file.
- Save the changes to the file then unplug the USB cable from the device and wait for the SD card to remount (about 5-10 seconds usually).
- Try running the app again and it should act like you have just installed it for the first time and all settings will be reset to defaults. If for some reason this does not happen, try repeating the steps over, starting with a reboot of your Android device.